Eastern Quoll (Dasyurus viverrinus)
Hi Daily Mammal readers, this is Coco, and I am now an official Daily Mammal contributor.!! Yay Coco!!
Above is my FIRST mammal that I posted on my own. Let me tell you about it!
- What does Dasyurus mean? It means hairy tail. Quolls’ tails are 20-35cm long.
- They are about the size of a cat.
- They live on the ground in rocks and small spaces. If needed they can climb trees but they aren’t very good at it.
- They are only found in Australia or New Guinea. They are usually found in the forest.
- Females breed in winter. She has up to 30 pups but only has 6 teats to feed with. The other 24 pups die.:(
- How big is a newborn Quoll? The size of a grain of rice!!!:O
- They are marsupials which means they have a pouch.
- They are nocturnal.
- What do they eat? They eat birds, small mammals, lizards, insects, and fruit.
- Quolls can be brown with white spots or black with white spots.
- They are endangered.
- From the videos I saw they are really fast runners!